Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Nectar of the Gods

>> November 14, 2012


I just want to be clear. I cannot be held responsible for any behavior that ensues after consuming this devilish liquid. 

I also have a confession to make. I've recently come to the realization that caramel...specifically salted caramel is without a doubt one of the single best foods on this planet. Chocolate doesn't even have a chance against this stuff. Burnt sugar, is like... totally my jam. 


I made this highly addictive delicious concoction only to go one step further. I'm responsible for bringing a dessert to a friends-giving dinner tomorrow night so...of course, I've done the unthinkable.


I made it into a cheesecake. That's right. A salted caramel cheesecake. #IDie. I don't even know what to do with myself. Except to tell you to make this as soon as possible and remember the most important piece of advice...don't share with ANYONE! Ok fine, make this for your real Thanksgiving and share with all of your friends and family. They'll forever invite you to all of the coolest parties and swankiest of gatherings from now until eternity. Just remember, you heard it here first.

Salted Caramel Sauce
Adapted from a thousand different sources...so I'm claiming this one

1 1/2 Cup Sugar
5 Tablespoons of Water
5 Tablespoons of Light Corn Syrup
1 Cup of Heavy Cream
5 tablespoons of Butter (cut into chunks)
1 teaspoon of Kosher Salt
1 teaspoon of Vanilla Bean Paste (or Pure Vanilla Extract)

Combine Sugar, Water, and Corn Syrup in a small saucepan and stir until combined. Bring to a boil over medium heat, only swirling the pan as the mixture heats. 

Once the sugar has browned to a medium/amber color, remove the pan from the heat. Add in the cream and butter (mixture will sputter and foam) and whisk until combined. You may have to put the pan back on the burner to get the caramel completely smooth. 

Add in the salt and vanilla, and stir to combine. Let this sit for at least 24 hours in the fridge so that the caramel flavor develops.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP