Follow my blog with Bloglovin

True or False

>> January 18, 2012

True: It's been a while since I hung out here on the bloggie.


False: It's not because I'm lazy, it's because I'm a procrastinator. wait a minute...


True: This happened today in my kitschy-kitchen.



False: I lost 20 lbs by eating the contents in the above photo.

True: I'm obsessed with sprinkles. It *might* be a problem

False: I did all the laundry today

True: I've been on a diet detox for the past week and a half.

False: I've enjoyed the diet detox this past week and a half.

True: I went to Asheville for the first time. And it totally rocked my socks off.


False: I tried all of the restaurants on my Asheville wish list.

True: I'm totally on the edge of my seat waiting for the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Finale.

False: My husband is also on the edge of his seat waiting on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Finale.

True: I'm snuggling with this guy right now.


False: He's totally not on the couch right now.

True: I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw these beauties and I knew I had to make them immediately.


False: I'm utterly shocked by Paula Deen's recent Diabetes diagnosis.

True: I'm driving a rental car because my car is in the stupid body shop getting fixed after my stupid wreck.

False: This is a really short blog post

Ok - enough of that. Let's get to the good stuff! I kid you not when I say that I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw these cupcakes.



Funfetti Cupcakes
Adapted From: How Sweet It Is

Makes 12 Cuppycakes

1/2 Cup Butter, softened
1 Cup Sugar
2 Whole Eggs
1 TBS Vanilla Extract (use clear to keep the batter white)
1 1/2 Cup Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/3 Cup Milk
1/4 Cup Sprinkles + more for frosting

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

Cream the butter and sugar together for 5 - 6 minutes until the mixture reaches a pale yellow color. Add the eggs one at a time until combined, then add the vanilla.

Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small mixing bowl and stir to combine. Add half of the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar mixture and mix until combined. Add the milk, and mix unti combined, Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until combined.

Gently fold the sprinkles into the cake batter, but make sure they're well distributed throughout the batter.

Pour batter into prepared cupcake pan, fill each cup 2/3 of the way. Bake for 15 - 18 minutes. Let the cupcakes completely cool before frosting.

Vanilla Buttercream 

1 Cup Butter, at room temperature
2 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 TBS Milk

Cream the butter in a mixer fitted with a wire whisk for 6 minutes, until the butter is a pale yellow color. 

Add the powdered sugar into the creamed butter a 1/2 cup at a time. Mix each addition of sugar until completely incorporated before adding the next 1/2 cup.

Add the vanilla and milk, and mix until the frosting is completely whipped. If the frosting is too thick, feel free to add milk in small amounts until you reach the desired consistency. Frost the cupcakes and top with the remaining sprinkles.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP