Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Classic Wedge Salad

>> May 4, 2011

Classic Wedge Salad


I know what you’re thinking. We’re in the thick of spring and I come home from the farmer’s market with...iceberg lettuce? Odd I know, the markets are teeming with amazing spring green vegetables iceberg lettuce is the least green of them all. I actually never buy the stuff unless I’m making this salad, and after I saw this featured on another blog I had a weird craving for bacon and tomatoes coated in blue cheese dressing.
Classic Wedge Salad




Josh is a huge fan of bacon and blue cheese, so I knew he’d be game. Although to give him credit, I’ve been packing tons of kale, spinach, rapini, and the likes into our diet lately and he actually prefers the higher dosage of greens.
Classic Wedge Salad




Wedge Salad
Adapted From: Give a Girl a Cookie
1 Head of Iceberg Lettuce, quartered
1 Cup Grape Tomatoes, Halved
5 Strips of Thick Cut Bacon, cooked until crisp & crumbled
4 Ounces Bleu Cheese, crumbled (I used Stilton)
1/4 Cup Sour Cream
1/4 Cup Buttermilk
1 Tbs Lemon Juice
1 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
Dressing: 
Combine the bleu cheese crumbles, sour cream, buttermilk, lemon juice, and red wine vinegar in a small bowl and mix to combine. Salt and Pepper as needed. If the dressing is too thick for your liking you can always add more buttermilk to thin it out.
Assemble the Salad: 
Arrange the lettuce on a platter and drizzle the dressing over the wedges, sprinkle the bacon and tomatoes over the lettuce and serve!
**You can always add chopped chives, extra blue cheese crumbles, and more cracked black pepper to up the pretty factor a bit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP