Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Clammy-Clam-Clams

>> March 20, 2011


This dish was a fantastic end to an amazing weekend! The weather was beautiful, and Saturday was one of the hottest days that we’ve had lately. Josh had board exams Saturday morning, so I had the first half of the day to myself! I decided to do it up right, and spend some me time at the spa! It was amazing! We finished the day with a run by the river and wings at Taco Mac - hello awesome day!
I had dinner at my Aunt’s house a few weeks ago and she served traditional Linguini & Clams and I remembered how much I love this dish! It’s such a classic and the simplicity of the dish is so refreshing. 


I couldn’t find a recipe that I was completely happy with, so I decided to do a hybrid of several recipes that I found. I also opted for a whole wheat linguini because, well ya know - that whole health kick thing.


So without further adieu: 
Linguine & Clams
1 lb Whole Wheat Linguini
2 lbs Fresh Little Neck Clams, cleaned and scrubbed of excess dirt
2 Tbs Olive Oil + Extra for drizzling
6 cloves Garlic, crushed or minced
1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
1.5 cups White Wine
2 Tbs Lemon Juice
Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the linguini until just al dente, then drain the pasta well.
While the pasta is boiling, heat the olive oil in a large pot or dutch oven. Add the garlic and cook until almost browned, then add the crushed red pepper and cook for another minute. Add the wine and scrape up any browned bits, and bring to a simmer. Add the clams and cover while the wine mixture is simmering. Cook until the clams have opened, 5 - 9 minutes and discard any clams that don’t open.
Toss the linguini, the clams, and the cooking liquid together. Squeeze lemon juice over the pasta and toss  with flat leaf parsley for garnish; season with salt and pepper as needed.
If the pasta seems dry or sticky, toss with reserved pasta water and/or olive oil.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP